I always recommend the eco park Xel-Ha. I had such an amazing time there and you can learn so much without feeling like you are taking a toll on the natural beauty of the land.
Use the transportation included in the package. Don't worry about renting a car as the resort can set up excursions that are worry-free.
Go swimming in a cenote. It's a very cool experience and one unique to the Yucatan Peninsula.
Make sure your passport has at least 6 months left before expiration. Make a copy of your passport photo/info pages to carry with you and leave your passport locked in your hotel.
Go parasailing so you can see all of Cancun!
6. The Jungle Snorkeling Tour is one of the best activities for tourist to experience. They can power their own boat while site seeing the entire island and snorkeling in the underground ocean jungle.
7. Even if you are staying at an all-inclusive go into town for a day and experience the vibe. Take the bus and get into the culture.
8. Appreciate the history and the culture with a trip to Tulum to see the Mayan ruins or to the UNESCO larger site of Chichen Itza.
9. Take the ferry to Cozumel for great snorkeling.
10. For a quieter vacation, especially for families, you can't go wrong with a one hour transfer to a resort in Riviera Maya.
11. Bring lots of U.S. one and five dollar bills for easy tipping and bargain shopping. It makes it really easy to bargain in straw markets and with street vendors when you have plenty of the proper amount of money to exchange.
12. Eat at Frida at Grand Velas Los Cabos – Inspired by Frida Kahlo, the painter who passionately celebrated her Mexican culture, Frida the restaurant explores the fascinating culinary traditions of Mexico with dishes featuring Cotija cheese, papalo (a Mexican herb) and guajillo chilies.